Royal Mile Backpackers facilities
With our open plan kitchen and dining area, making new friends is easy. There is plenty of space to chill and chat with staff and guests in our cosy lounge area with it’s own open fire. Our dorms are all light and bright and our bathrooms are super clean with hot, powerful showers.
The hostel also offers Free Wi-Fi and Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate. Our friendly receptionists can offer you some great advice on what to see and do and where to eat and drink during your stay in Edinburgh. They can arrange for you to make the most of your time while you are in Scotland and book you on a MacBackpackers Tour to the Highlands. We aim to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible, so here is a wee list of what else we have to offer…
What the hostel has to offer:
- Hot and powerful showers!
- Clean bed linen (with properly fitted sheets)
- We accept cash, debit and credit cards
- Receptionist available to help you during opening hours (6.30am-3am)
- Free MacBackpackers tour booking service and advice
- Minutes walk to the tram stop for the airport and Edinburgh’s bus and train stations
- Kitchenette/dining area open 24 hours
- Continental breakfast selection served 7.00am -10.30am for £2
- Laundry service – we do it for you for just £4
- Towel Hire – £0.50
- Secure lockers in rooms (£10 key deposit)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel
- Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Free electrical adaptors to hire
- Free book exchange
- Free daily walking tours
- Free hair dryers for use
- Local food & drink discounts
- 24hour access
- Bicycle storage available across the road at High Street Hostel
- Free pub crawl every Thursday night
Step outside and be at the centre of it all. Guests also enjoy the benefit of access to the lively, bustling High Street Hostel with its wide range of facilities.
Sorry – our hostel is not wheelchair accessible!
Our other hostels
Go green and carbon neutral
Fifteen years ago we bought a 75+ hectare woodland that absorbs more than the total CO2 emissions from fuel used in our hostel and also the other properties in our small MacBackpackers hostel and bus company chain. We also try our best to re-cycle everything (with your help) and our electricity is all sourced from renewable, non-nuclear supplies. Stay with us for a great holiday and minimal environmental impact!
Just a few reminders
- For group bookings of 4 people or more please call the hostel directly.
- If guests are under the age of 18 you must contact the hostel first for manager’s approval.
- Please make sure to bring a government issued photo ID for the check-in
- We require a key deposit of either £10 in cash or a government issued photo ID