Backpacker Accommodation in the heart of Edinburgh
Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh! We’re a friendly and homely hostel situated smack bang in the city-centre overlooking Scotland’s most famous street – The Royal Mile. Located halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood palace, you can’t get much closer to the city centre attractions; bars, cafés, restaurants and nightclubs.
Important info if you're staying with us over COVID
We’re excited to open up again, but there’s going to be a few changes to the way things work at Royal Mile until the COVID situation is under control. So please read on below on the changes at the hostel before you make a booking with us:
- Reception open from 07:00-11:00 and 17:00-23:00
- Breakfast will not be served
- Private rooms for each group
- Private showers and toilets for each group
- Limited use of in-house kitchen. Sign up ahead of time.
- No hiring of towels
- No laundry services
- Extra cleaning shifts daily
- Check in from 17:00
- Masks are mandatory in common areas
- No use of main lounge
- No hot drinks
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations throughout hostel
- No walk in reservations. Please book online.
- No events
- Touch points in hostel cleaned 4x per day
Welcome to Royal Mile Backpackers in Edinburgh
Royal Mile Backpackers is located in the Heart of Edinburgh. After a big day of seeing the sites, we will have a fire waiting for you in our cosy lounge.
Watch our Video
All of our staff have been trained to assist you with recommending walking tours, restaurants, bars, night clubs and anything else you may need.
We also have sister hostels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh’s Royal Mile Backpackers also offers two sister hostels in the Scottish Capital, High Street Hostel and Castle Rock Hostel.
Whether you’re using us as a base, or just stopping in for a night –
The Royal Mile Backpackers offers all the facilities you require on your trip as well as events most nights.